The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Geocaching in Mallorca
Scalloped Hammerhead Sharks in North Sudan
Interrail Geocaching Part 3 - Northwards
Interrail Geocaching Part 2 - Benelux
Interrail Geocaching Part 1 - Eastwards
Quokkas on Rottnest Island
Fremantle and it's Prison
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Geocaching and Lost Places on Christmas Island
Crab Migration on Christmas Island
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Monday, July 27, 2015

Vertanzt - Dance the night away in 196'360 steps

I spent the last four days at Vertanzt, a dance festival in the middle of Switzerland. Throughout the day different workshops were held and in the evenings live bands played late into the night.

This year's theme was Swing and so I got to try my feet at West Coast Swing, Collegiate Shag, Disco-Swing, Lindy Hop and Jive/Rock 'n Roll.
Next to Disco-Swing, which I had already danced before, I had the most fun with Collegiate Shag, somehow the strange leg movements just flowed easily :).

There were many great bands in the evening but I was most looking forward to see Katze Steffan und das Lügenorkestar again, a band focusing on Balkan music which has an unbelievable drive. And the music is perfect for improvised dancing! The festival finally ended at 4 am on Monday morning, by which time my feet really needed a break ;).

This time I had my cellphone with an integrated step counter with me and it was interesting to see, that over the four days it counted 196'360 steps with which I supposedly covered 147.85 kilometers! Interestingly enough, out of the countless hours of dancing, only about 29 minutes registered as running, and most of that probably during the Shag workshop ;).

As last year I had a fantastic time at Vertanzt and would like to thank the organizers, all the musicians, the countless helpers and of course the other dancers!

I'll be back next year!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page