The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Oerli-Con 2004
Europapark Rust
Berlin
Berlin
New Layout
Swiss Championship: 5th place!
at the Movies...
Bigger Pics
Big update
Whale Shark!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, August 29, 2004

Rock am See

Visited the Rock am See Openair Festival. The weather was perfect, almost too hot. The atmosphere and the bands were first class. The only minor problems occurred at the border, which we crossed on foot, the customs officer decided that we looked too suspicious and controlled us, it seemed that he had especially something against me, he asked me the most questions... but since I'm such a nice person he had to let me pass ;-) .

We almost missed the first band "Strung Out", but it wasn't that special, same with "Everlast" who followed. Then came the first highlight: "Papa Roach", they played a great set including a few songs from their forthcoming third album.
Next was "The Beatsteaks", during who's performance we relaxed a bit.
Then came "Sportfreunde Stiller" another act I was looking forward to, since I didn't manage to get a ticket for their show in Spring...
"Velvet Revolver" was surprisingly good, I haven't heard a lot of them before, but they looked a bit like a mixture of Metallica and the Village People on stage :-) .
Last came "Die Ärzte", they played for 2.25 hours, it was an incredible set and the crowd was going mad.
At the end I was extremely tired but extremely glad to have attended. Just before I left I went back to one of the stalls to buy the new album of Papa Roach, which only hits the stores on Tuesday.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page