The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
World's Greatest Burgers and Monsters vs. Aliens i...
McConnell's Mill State Park Dayhike
At the Movies: Donnie Darko
Wild Turkey Chase
Fun with Google Maps
Last Read Sideboard updated
Squirrels in Boston
Winter in Pittsburgh
The Imax Experience
Butterfly Garden @ Boston Science Museum
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Settlers of Catan Tournament

Yesterday I participated in CMU's Settlers of Catan Tournament. 30 people were present and two rounds of Catan were played to determine the winners. The first game started bad for me. Even though I hand first placement, my numbers never came up. But then two things happened: First, the guy who was miles in the lead was more interested in hurting us than ending the game, which gave everyone more time to expand and second, the dice turned in my favor in the second half of the game. And so I managed to scrap a slim victory.
The second game was the reverse. I was in the lead for a long time, but then my numbers stopped coming up and so I had to let someone pass me. I still managed to hold on to the longest road and came in second.
Finally I ranked 7th, which made me eligible for a prize! :)

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page