The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
The Island of Sharks
Whales and Dolphins
Mountain Hiking
Penguins, Albatross and other birds
Stewart Island: Hiking, Birding and Kiwi Spotting
Routeburn Track
No Whales but Stars
Abel Tasman Coast Track
South of the North
Lost and Forgotten Worlds
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Friday, May 15, 2020

My first whale shark!

Inspired by a 10 photos in 10 days challenge on Facebook and the fact that traveling to go scuba diving is not possible right now, I decided to post pictures from my most memorable dive experiences.


The year was 2004 and I was on my second dive trip, having started diving in autumn of 2003. After visiting the Similan Islands for my first liveaboard trip, I headed onwards to Kho Phi Phi for some more diving. The best known dive sites in the neighbourhood are Hin Daeng and Hin Muang, which are quite a long trip by speed boat, but known for its large pelagic encounters.

On one of the two dives, we suddenly heard a huge commotion from the other side of the rock and our dive guide was quick enough to lead us there and we saw this juvenile Whale Shark swimming by. I tried to follow it for a bit burning through most of my air, but it was worth it, and I got a surprisingly decent shot out of it, considering my lack of experience with underwater photography.

Mor pictures from that trip can be found here, but keep in mind, my photography skills have gotten better since then ;).

And here a quote from my original blog post:
Whale Shark!!!!!!!!!!!
I've travelled to Koh Phi-Phi yesterday and made a trip to Hin Daeng/Hin Mueng in the south. There I saw a 6-7m long Whaleshark! Whoa, what an exiting trip. :-)

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page