The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Mittelerdefest 5
Mittelerdefest 5 - Pictures
Lost in a good Book!
End of term
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
Member of a crazy yoga sect?
MIT Weblog Survey 2005
Greenfield
Another concert
Openair Grienen
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Siberia

After a 5-hour stop at Moscow airport and a 5-hour flight I arrived in Irkutsk. From there it was a short hop to Listvjanka at lake Baikal. I stayed there for 3 days. Was walking around so much almost visited every nook and cranny of Listvjanka. After searching for two days I finally managed to organize a scuba diving trip in Lake Baikal. The water temperature was 10 to 13 Celsius, so I got a full-body wetsuit. Unfortunately, I discovered that end of July is a very bad time for diving in Lake Baikal, the vizibility was only 2 to 3 metres and we saw almost nothing, many snails, a couple of small fish and a christmas tree used as an anchor. Between end of August and June the vizibility is normally 20 to 30 metres! Maybe a reason to go again :-)
Today I explored Irkutsk, from where I'll take the trans-sibirean railway to Ulaanbaatar tomorrow morning.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page