The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Trans-Mongolian Railway
Siberia
Mittelerdefest 5
Mittelerdefest 5 - Pictures
Lost in a good Book!
End of term
The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
Member of a crazy yoga sect?
MIT Weblog Survey 2005
Greenfield
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Mongolia

Tsangia and Baysa from my office picked me up at the train station and took me to the flat which I share with a student from Austria. Pretty soon I met the other students who were in Ulaanbaatar with the IAESTE program and we went out for dinner and drinks.

I’m working for Datacom, a company specializing in web-publishing and internet marketing. I’m participating in a project to create a web shop for a company selling mobile phones.

In my free time I go out with the other IAESTE students for drinks, parties, dinner, etc. Unfortunately, three of the guys I met on the first day already had to leave. But there are still 6 of us. The good news is, that more students are scheduled to arrive within the next month.

On the weekend I washed my clothes, ironed them (this is the first time I did it myself, and it worked! :-) ) and cleaned the place. Besides I went to explore Ulaanbaatar and visited several Museums (Museum of Fine Art, Museum of National History, Choijin Lama Temple Museum, Gandan Tegchlen Monastery).

The most annoying thing happened on Friday, I was going to the Ministry for Foreigners where I had to get registered and extend my Visa. Finding the place was easy, finding the correct office was not, all the signs were in Mongolian and the staff wasn’t exactly helpful. After waiting for an hour I was sent back, because I didn’t have the necessary documents to extend my Visa...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page