The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Movie Marathon
Enlightened Christmas Event
Games, Movie & Dancing
Celebrate the Seasons Parade & some more gaming
Spamalot - The Musical
Games & Early Thanksgiving
Christmas arrived early this year!
Social Web and World of Warcraft
Level 10!
Football Dominion
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Traveling to Switzerland

I could bring two bags weighing 50 pounds each back, so I wasn't very concerned about the weight, despite a couple of heavy books. Big was my surprise then when my suitcase weighed in at 52.5 pounds! Fortunately, there was some space in my big backpack and after some creative repacking, I got the suitcase down to 49.5 pounds, whereas the backpack now weighed in at 40 pounds. Bad weather conditions in some parts of the US led to long delays, fortunately Newark/New York was not hit by the storm and so our plane left with only 20 minutes delay. The flight itself was very uneventful and I spent most of it reading or sleeping.

The plane to Zurich also boarded on time, however, we again had to wait on the runway until we could finally take off. This time it was a full 50 minutes... My video console was not working properly and so a steward had to reset it before I could watch a movie. And so I missed the first 10 minutes of The Mummy 3. Since it was only back story so far, I watched the rest anyways. Overall it was pretty entertaining but did not reach the high points I remember from the first film. After the movie was over my video console balked again, but since there was no other movie I absolutely had to see, I didn't do anything about it and read a couple of books instead. Finally, we landed in Zurich "on time" (i.e. the 50 minutes late we lost on the runway in Newark). The only surprise on debarking the plane were two border patrols who inspected every passengers passport as soon as we left the plane.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page