The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Singapore Airport
Christian von Aster's Readings - Part 1
Finally
Volleyball
Yes, risk taking is inherently failure-prone. Othe...
Castle Wars: a 2-player Game with Flash
What did this poor computer do wrong?
Brain Teaser
New Blog
LotR-TCG Premier Series Event in Strasbourg
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, February 20, 2005

A very long day is not yet finished

I took full advantage of the in-flight on-demand-movies. There was a choice of 60 different titles, I watched:

  1. The Final Cut: an interesting Sci-Fi-Thriller with Robin Williams

  2. Sky Captain and the world of tomorrow: a Sci-Fi-Fantasz where the story is set in the year 1940

  3. Sideways: A multiple Oscar-Nominee was very entertaining

  4. Ladder 49: A good Firefighter-Action-Movie.

  5. The New Police Story: A brandnew Jackie Chan film which orients itself a bit more on the classic Jackie Movies, that means more Action than Comedy, but still extremely fun to watch, especially because Jackie is still "as mad as a Hatter"

I have to add to this that I, of course didn't find the time to sleep...

The connection flight to Phuket was uneventfull, I tried to sleep a little but without success...

At Phuket Airport I let myself talk into taking a cab instead of a minibus, which would have been significantly cheaper, however, the taxi brought me directly to the location of the dive-center... or where the dive-center was supposed to be....

I was quite shocked, when I walked the final meters to the dive-shop to find an empty window... the neighours, didn't know either where they moved. Since I knew from last time, that the dive-shops are a very close-knitted group, they surely would know where they went...

The next shop didn't open till 11am, but I remembered seeing a divecenter in the road below this one and so I went there. And they did know where Ocean Lovers moved, so they gave me a descritpion of the way there, unfortunately, because of the burning heat and me wearing jeans and a t-shirt and an undershirt, I got a bit confused and turned at the second traffic light left, instead of walking past... Another dive-shop was fortunately located in this street and they confirmed my guess of the right way. She did mention that it was quite a long way. Nevertheless I started walking, however, after the 3 turn, it was going up-/downhill constantly and took a cab for the last stretch.

Finally at the office there was some small talk and I mentioned, that I'd like to do a "refresher"-dive to get back into using equipment etc. Simon then told me, that two swiss girls, who would come along on the Liveaboard as well, were doing just such a dive this afternoon... since I was feeling ok I decided to tag along, and so it happened, that after Lunch I had 10 minutes to check-in and gather my diving equipment (e.g. camera).

The dive wasn't spectacular, the visibility was quite bad, only two to three metres with lots of plankton in the way. However, it served its target by getting us a feeling again for diving and how to operate camera etc.

After this everyone was pretty well knackered and I went to my room to get a refreshing shower, but there was no running water in the bathroom, a short trip to the reception and 15 minutes of waiting cleared the problem.

Since I had quite a lot of time till Cyrille was supposed to arrive, I first went to Kata to buy essentials (Aloe Vera, the best thing against sunburn and beach shoes).

Time was still left so I decided to check the shops at Karon, wich was close. I then saw that there was not much to see, there were a lot of hotels and a construction going on. So I crossed the street and walked along almost all of Karon Beach. And then I walked back along the road to see what was around. It took me 1.5 hours...

and now I'm sitting here, tiping this sentence and killing time...
... after 30 hours without sleep...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page