Board Games return
Saturday of the first school week brought a reunion with the board game club. This time I already joined them at 1pm, when it officially started and so I got the opportunity to play lots of games (some of them even new ones):
- Tsuro: A fast and easy game where the players have to follow lines and try to stay on the board.
- Puerto Rico: An intriguing plantation / settlement game.
- Tichu: Still cool card game. Best was when I managed to disrupt our opponents Tichu and Grand Tichu.
- Euphrat & Tigris: My non-combat strategy left me with the biggest empire but not enough tokens to win the game, still was a fun round.
- Saint Petersburg: A cool money management board game, which I managed to win by a slight margin :)
- Alhambra: An intriguing palace building game, which I lost by a big margin, this was probably the revenge for Saint Petersburg ;)
- El Grande: An older game which won the German "Game of the Year" Award in 1996. Despite this recommendation we couldn't warm to the game, which seemed to random at times.
- Dominion: To finish we played two rounds of Dominion of which I won the second with a well-functioning Market-Village-Festival Strategy.
Labels: cmu, games