The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
getting there
Just a couple of hours...
Long overdue
School
What a Day!
Muse
Haiku
Back again
Home Sweet Home
Bangkok the 3rd
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Monday, February 23, 2004

Diving

I wanted to get into the water again, to familiarize myself with the equipment (especially the under-water camera) so I accompanied a group (4 people) that did a Discover Scuba Diving course. They weren't very comfortable under the water so we had to return to the surface twice. But I achived my goal, the camera was working and I got some good pictures. Towards the end we saw 3 cuttlefish (parents (who were mating) and a baby).
After we returned to shore, we saw a helicopter coming in low over the water, it dropped something (turned out to be a human), then a flare was ignited (where the guy was dropped) and the heli returned, this time even lower, to drop a scuba diver. The third time the heli lowered a rope and first the guy and afterwards the diver were picked up. I'm not sure wether the army or someone else was doing this training mission.
Now I'm writing this entry before going aboard a ship tonight for my 4days/4nights liveaboard trip to the Similan Islands... I'm extremly exited....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page