The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Pictures from the historical craftsmen fair in Hut...
Medieval Spectaculum in Singen
Des Koenigs Halunken in Huttwil
21 vs. Bringing Down the House
Elfish @ Männedorffest
The Best of Swiss Underground
30'000 Songs Scrobbled since 22nd September 2006
Renaissance Dancing
Games by John Kovalic Meme
Treacle Mine Road Saga: The Pictures
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

DeVotchKa @ Abart

I've never heard of DeVotchKa before last week. By chance I visited the Abart Homepage and heard one of their songs. After a bit of further research I decided to give them a go and bought a ticket for their show in the Abart :).

Strozzini were the opening act of the evening. They play easy listening alternative rock which for my taste was too tame and lacked the necessary energy. Still they do have a couple of good songs, and most of the guests seemed to have liked their show.

Then it was time for DeVotchKa and their gypsy folk mariachi love "rock". At first I was amazed by the sheer number of instruments on stage. Even though the band only consists of four members a round dozen instruments could be spotted. DeVotchKa played a very interesting concert where they demonstrated their brilliance with all the different instruments and unconventional mixture of genres. For the most part I liked what I heard, however, over all there were too many slow "love" songs in their set and at times I got a bit impatient, because I knew that they also play faster stirring songs. Yet this was only a minor disappointment and I had a terrific evening and after a show I bought one of their CDs.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page