The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Burn After Reading
It's Saturday...
The 1st week er month is over ;)
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival
Washing, Shopping, Gaming & Homework
1 Task down, 15 more to go
What a sale! You save -8082%
Pretty Good Race
CMU Activities fair
In my (post) mailbox: Ups and Downs
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Monday, September 22, 2008

You know you're in the US...

... when getting Utilities (Gas, Electricity, Internet) connected takes at least 4 phone calls, 3 forms and possibly a personal visit to the office...

Here's the tragedy. My landlord applied for the electricity of my apartment to be charged to me. 3 weeks later I receive a form from the Electricity company that they couldn't verify my status and that I need to a) pay 50.- $ security deposit and b) have my lease and passport verified by a notary. Dutifully I did that. 2 weeks later I get a call that the electrician couldn't get into the house to read the meter and that my landlord should make an appointment. So I contacted the landlord and the appointment was set for Monday. Today, I come home and have the following note in my mailbox:

"72-HOUR SHUT-OFF NOTICE
Your electricity will be shut off. Because you have not properly applied for electric service, we will shut off your electricity on or after 8:00am on 9-26-08 without further notice."

What the fuck! *extremelyPissedOff* What more should I do? Speak to the president so that he can put a nice word in for me?

to be continued...

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page