The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Bottlenose Dolphins in Rangiroa
Tahiti
Rapa Nui
Galápagos
Geocaching in Quito
Caribbean Reef Sharks and Nurse Shark in Roatan
Whale Shark in Utila
Middle Earth Festival (MEF) 12
Scuba Diving Round the World
Dive Log
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Stopover in Aukland

I didn't plan to go to New Zealand, but because there was no direct connection from Tahiti to Fiji, I had to make a connection in Aukland. At first I wanted to leave on the same day, but after realizing, that I only had 55 minutes to change planes, I got cold feet and asked my travel agent to rebook the flight to Fiji for the next day. And that is how I ended up spending 25 hours in Aukland.

What might seem like an inconvenience turned out to be a good thing, because this gave me the opportunity to do some last minute scuba dive equipment shopping, especially a new wristband for my dive computer which threatened to fall off.

And between shopping, sight-seeing, geocaching and meeting up with a friend I made in Galapagos, the time passed very quickly. I enjoyed my short stop in Aukland and am looking forward to visiting New Zealand in greater detail in the future :).


A few pictures can be found in my web album.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page