The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Rapa Nui
Galápagos
Geocaching in Quito
Caribbean Reef Sharks and Nurse Shark in Roatan
Whale Shark in Utila
Middle Earth Festival (MEF) 12
Scuba Diving Round the World
Dive Log
Spaktekel Medieval Festival 2011
Middle Earth Festival returns in 2012
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Tahiti

Tahiti marks the midpoint of my travels. It probably is the farthest away from Switzerland, I'll ever be on this trip (the time difference is 12 hours).

I spent one day exploring Papeete and its environs looking for Geocaches (finding 2 out of 3) and then I stumbled upon the James Norman Hall Home.

James Norman Hall, who has lived on Tahiti for the later part of his life, is famous as coauthor of the Mutiny of the Bounty trilogy and the museum illustrates his career with memorabilia and texts. The best thing about the museum visit though was the present I received at the end: "My Island Home", Hall's autobiography, a book I can highly recommend as it paints a vivid picture of growing up in the US around the beginning of the 20th century and how his life was changed by the first world war, during which he fought first for the English, then the French and finally for the American Army.

A few pictures from Tahiti can be found in my web album.

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page