The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Bali
Medieval Festival at Castle Liebegg
SOLA 2010
Spectaculum, Weil am Rhein
Road Trip to Belgium
Sinfath II: Pictures
Leipzig
Riedhburg XVIII - Rights and Servants (Rechte und ...
Lots of Dancing and Literature
Gallery updated
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Middle Earth Festival returns in 2012

After an absence of 5 years the famous Middle Earth Festival returns to Leuk in 2012. I myself have attended three times so far, and every time was tremendous fun. Let's take a look back.

2003

I didn't have a clue was I was getting into when I signed up for the 3rd Middle Earth Festival in 2003. The reason for going was my good friend Ronny, who is a huge Lord of the Rings fan, didn't want to go alone.
I most clearly remember the workshops featuring fighting skills such as Sword Fighting and Archery, but also the concerts by An Lar and Saltatio Mortis in the evening. We had such great fun at the concerts that we blocked the bands from leaving the stage! Only after Saltatio Mortis appealed saying they had to travel another 300 kilometres tonight, we appeased and gave them a rest ;).
All in all it was a wonderful experience.
Unfortunately for this review, the Middle Earth Festival happened before I started blogging and before I acquired a digital camera, thus there are no further posts and pics to link back to.

2005

When I learned that the Middle Earth Festival would take place again, I didn't hesitate to sign up. This time I even signed up alone, knowing that there are so many wonderful and friendly people there, that I wouldn't feel left alone.
The day before it all started I joined the Caradhras expedition, for a day-long trek with beautiful summer weather over the Gemmi pass.
This time my focus for workshops shifted from fighting to dancing (Irish Dancing, Medieval Dancing, etc.) and I didn't regret this choice, because they all were great fun!
But let's take a look what I had to say about it at the time:
Mittelerdefest 5
Pics from Mittelerdefest 5

2007

Signing up for 2007's Middle Earth Festival was a no-brainer ;), after two such wonderful events, I just had to be there.
Same time as last year I joined the Caradhras trek a day before the festival. However, this time we were not so lucky with the weather and ran into a snow storm!!! Remember, it was the 5th of July! We all made it through and still have fond memories of our heroic feat :)
Fortunately the weather improved for the rest of the Festival. Having loved the dance workshops in 2005, I signed up for more dancing in 2007 and again it was great fun.
But let's take a look what I had to say about it at the time:
Caradhras
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Conclusion

With great joy I learned that the Middle Earth Festival will take place again in 2012 and immediately marked it in my agenda :). I can't wait to meet all those wonderful people again :)

More information about the Middle Earth Festival 2012 can be found on their official homepage.

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page