The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Yosemite National Park: Small animals and large trees
San Francisco: Up the Hill and down the Hill
Pacific Coast Highway: From LA to SF and beyond
Santa Catalina Island: Under Water and Above the T...
Hollywood: Following the Stars ;)
Movies on a Plane
Mallorca: Scuba Diving, Geocaching & Board Games :)
My favorite gingerbread recipe
Mein Lieblings Lebkuchen Rezept
Birthday Cinemathon 2
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Riding Rollercoasters till your dizzy

As a big fan of Roller-coasters, I forewent the standard visits to the Universal Studios and Disneyland and visited Six Flags Magic Mountain instead.

As it turned out, I picked the perfect day, there were very few people and so standing in line was the exception rather than the rule. In most cases I could walk right up to the gate and board with the next wave. Sometimes I chose to wait out up to two waves to catch front-row or rear-row seating.

In that way, I managed to visit the big 9 thrill-coasters within 4 hours (including a lunch break), some of which i rode twice. On the Screamer I could even stay seated in the front row because there was no one else in line!

The weather meant it well too. Too well... It was almost unbearably hot and every time I spied the Hurricane Harbour water-park next door, I was envious of the people who could cool down in the pools and on the slides, but one cannot have everything ;).

After 6 hours my head was shaken through enough and I enjoyed a wonderful ice cream before heading back to Los Angeles and my plane to Fiji.

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

  • Ich hab da eine Frage. Und zwar bin ich auf der Suche nach Christian von Asters buch TROLL und zwar in der Schiefer-Version. Weisst du wo man die herbekommen könnte?

    Grüsse
    Björn

    By Blogger Unknown, at 2:22 AM  

  • Die Schiefer-Variante des TROLL! Buchs wurde in einer Auflage von 100 Stück gefertigt, welche unterdessen alle verkauft sind. Die Chance so eins zu finden sind also voraussichlicht relativ klein.

    By Blogger David, at 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page