The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Off to Indonesia
A Mostly Harmless Evening
Dipl. Ing. FH
Frackwoche
Frackumzug (Procession of Graduate Students)
New Features
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
KAWUM
Pictures from Leipzig
Extreme Happiness
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Friday, December 08, 2006

Theoretically I should be close to Singapore by now...

But, as usual, theory and practice are worlds apart. But one thing after another...
I arrived at the airport on time at 10am. Already then we were informed about technical problems which would delay our departure for Singapore. We received lunch vouchers (50.- CHF) and were told that more information would follow at 4pm.
What to do with so much time to kill? Luckily there was a fascinating exhibition by Marc Chagall and that whiled away the first hour. Then I went for Lunch, picking the most expensive item on the menu, maxing out my voucher :D. The food was excellent!
Now it was almost 4pm and there finally was a departure gate for my plane on the information panels. To save time I went to that place. However, once I arrived at Gate E we were informed to go back to the Transfer Desk in Gate A because, as we found out later, our flight hat to be canceled!
After queuing for another hour I received vouchers to go home and the following information:
The delay was caused by a faulty body gear strut. This problem could only be fixed with special tools, which had to be flown in from Frankfurt first! Because the repairs would take up to 6 hours and a departure before airport closure at midnight couldn't be guaranteed...
So I'll go to the airport again tomorrow morning hoping to start my vacation.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page