The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Grindhouse: Planet Terror
Burgspektakel Regensberg
On location: Kevin
The Host
Mittelalterlich Spectaculum in Singen
Goodbye Party @ GASB Uster
Summer in the City with Elfish
Book Tip: JPod by Douglas Coupland
Next
Book tip: Stardust by Neil Gaiman
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Friday, September 07, 2007

Military Service and Vacation!

For the last three weeks I stood in the services of Switzerland. Yep, we still have mandatory military service consisting of a 15-week boot camp and a yearly 3-week repetition course. I just finished the later one and am immensely happy that it's all over. Fortunately I got lucky just at the beginning and grabbed a place in the Inner Service, there I was responsible to help the kitchen crew (doing the washing up among others) and cleaning the sleeping rooms. The kitchen was a blast, great folks always up for a joke. However, sleep was a rare thing and with the bad weather front we had, I caught a bad cold just before the end...
Anyways, next up is my long-awaited trip to the US. I'll fly to Chicago tomorrow and will stay there till Sunday next, then I'll continue to Denver and stay four days in Colorado. My last stop is New York City.
PS: Sorry for any errors in this post, but I'm tired to death, I had to get up at 4.30am the last two days...

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page