The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Juno
Vogelfrei Larp 1 - The journey begins
Surprise Movie: We Own the Night
Music Promotion Revisited ^^
Irish & Celtic Night @ Grabenhalle St. Gallen
The Daylight Saving Time Conspiracy
Stories in the Dark
House Infernal by Edward Lee
Nasty Weather in Europe
Sinfath Larp 1 - The Engagement
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sun Certified Web Component Developer

A year after completing the Sun Certified Java Programmer Certification I felt ready to tackle the next certification.

The Sun Certified Web Component Developer focuses on Web Development, obviously ;), with Servlets, Java Server Pages (including Tag Libraries, Scripting and Expression Language) as well as a couple of Design patterns.

After working in a Swisscom project for a year where we used JSPs and Expression language I thought, it would be easy to prepare for this exam, however, there was so much I didn't know yet, especially everything concerning Custom and Simple Tag Development. And so I've been studying since January till I finally felt ready to try the exam.

And yesterday was the day. Overall I was well prepared and I could answer most of the questions easily, still there were a couple of tough questions asking details I've never heard of such as the DynamicAttributes interface for Tags. Since the passing grade was 70% these questions didn't pose a serious problem. And so I now can add another title to my CV ^^.

Now I'm done studying for a couple of months :)

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page