The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
1'125 kilometres to get to an amusement park
1'059 kilometres for "Weird Al" Yankovic
Moving In
At the Movies
Wild Baby Rabbit in Pittsburgh!
You know you're getting settled in the US when...
First day in Pittsburgh
Hello USA
Scholarship and goodbye Switzerland
666 books on my virtual bookshelve
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Friday, August 15, 2008

Cedar Point

The next two days (Sunday and Monday) I spent at Cedar Point. At first I was shocked by the amount of people who were there and the length of the queues, but I soon discovered that the park was big enough and the queues were only bad for the most famous rides. The longest I had to wait was about 1.5 hours. Nevertheless, by the end of the first day I had been on all the mayor rides and many of the older ones as well.

The second day I focused on the high-thrill rides and so I went straight to Maverick the newest and wildest roller coaster. After a short detour to the Mantis, I queued for the Millennium Force, the longest roller coaster in the park. But just when I was at the head of the queue it broke down and so we had to wait for 30 minutes till the problem was fixed and it ran again. On the plus side, I then had second row placing and that was extremely exciting!
Back I went to the Maverick where I managed to get first row seating, which was another thrill :)
Then I went over to the Top Thrill Dragster, a roller coaster which accelerates to 120 mph and then goes 240 feet straight up and down again. There I got first row seating as well and that was just indescribable!
After visiting some of the smaller rides I hadn’t done the day before, I visited the Raptor for a couple of rides.
By nine pm I was thoroughly tired but extremely pleased with my decision to come here. The only thing that separated me then from bed was the 3.5 hours drive back to Pittsburgh... which was quite uneventful.

A helpful hint if you visit an amusement park alone: Bring a book along and wear cargo pants in which you can store said book. This was invaluable to me and made the hours I spent queuing bearable.

Labels: , , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page