The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
The magical portal 2: The silver mask
Subway to Sally: Naked (Acoustic Tour)
Andreas Thiel, Les Papillons & Labia
Labia & Backwash @ Kraftfeld
An (almost) perfect Saturday
More early works of Terry Pratchett
Sun Certified Java Programmer
Labia: 25
Spring already or still Winter?
Birthday Cinemathon
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bookparade

Last Monday, on the occasion of the UNESCO World Book Day, the Verein Leseförderung Schweiz 4xL and the School applied Linguistics organised the first Bookparade in Zürich.

I only learnt of this event 1 hour before from the free newspaper heute. For me as a bookworm it was clear that I had to participate :). The idea of the Bookparade was that every participant would bring his/her favourite book and walk reciting loudly from the main station to the Theater am Neumarkt. Being surprised by the event I didn't have a book at hand, but a short detour to Orell Füssli's English Bookshop solved that problem. My choice was Jasper Fforde's 'Something Rotten' the fourth adventure of Thursday Next and one I didn't yet have as a paperback.

About 200 people participated in the demonstration to promote reading. The procession was shortly halted at the Hirschenplatz where a poetry slammer recited an entertaining story about books. After the parade there was a festival at the Theater am Neumarkt where several authors read excerpts from their works. Unfortunately I had some things to finish at home and so I missed that part.

However, I'll be going back next year :)

Two videos have found their way into the net (here and here) maybe you can spot me there (I didn't have time yet to watch them myself).

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page