The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Whit Sunday Rock Night vol.2 @ Abart
Shopping Spree
Bech Con 2
Listen to (some of) my favorite songs!
Insights into my musical taste
Labia @ Sleepless in Bremgarten
The value of Reading
Bookparade
The magical portal 2: The silver mask
Subway to Sally: Naked (Acoustic Tour)
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Monday, May 28, 2007

Hogfather

Something almost unthinkable happened, a movie-adaption of one of Terry Pratchett's books! As I first heard about the undertaking, I was honestly quite skeptical, especially because Hogfather is one of the books with Death as one of the main characters. But to my great surprise and relieve they did a fantastic job and the adaption leaves almost no wishes open. Of course it wasn't possible to cover all the details of the novel, nevertheless it succeeds in telling the story and in a convincing manner to boot. I don't want to spoil the story here so I'll just a quick glimpse of the starting point: Due to a lack of faith the Hogfather vanishes and Death has to cover for him, on his trip he stumbles upon Susan (his grand-daughter), who then tries to figure out what's going on...
I can recommend this movie to anyone who likes Terry Pratchett's work, as well as to those who haven't read any of his books yet; and after you watch the movie, go and read the book! ;).

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page