The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Faluzure Poker Open
TOEFL
The Big Re-Read
Goodbye GRE, welcome TOEFL
Run Rincewind Run!
Hogfather
Whit Sunday Rock Night vol.2 @ Abart
Shopping Spree
Bech Con 2
Listen to (some of) my favorite songs!
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Eschenz, Vulpera and Laufenburg

The last week has been marked by a lot of traveling. Last Saturday I visited a small party at the Untersee (part of Lake Constance). It felt like vacation: the weather was very nice, there were great people around and I even had the opportunity to do a dive, however, the 12 to 18 degrees water temperature were markedly colder than I am used to from my usual vacation ;). Another big difference was the visibility, which was only four meters; nevertheless it was a cool experience :) and I'm looking forward to more dives in Switzerland's lakes.

On Sunday I went from Eschenz straight to Vulpera in the Engadin (5 hours 39 minutes with train and bus). Vulpera was the location of the trainings camp of my team at Zühlke. Throughout the week we had time to study new and/or interesting topics such as Java 6, Java Enterprise Edition 5, Requirements Engineering and .Net (it's always good to know the enemy ;) ). Fortunately there we did find some spare time between all the learning and so we could do a golf taster course, some normal biking, some downhill biking, an excursion into the beautiful Clemgia Canyon and a guided tour of the fascinating Castle in Tarasp. We stayed at the Hotel Villa Post, which was a fantastic place. The food was extraordinary, every evening a 4 course meal and they even catered for individual requests. Our dining room was very special as well, the wooden panels all had a unique pattern and with a bit imagination animals and other things could be detected in them (see here and here). All pictures can be found in my gallery.

This Saturday I visited the 800 year celebrations in Laufenburg. One of the highlights this weekend was the medieval market, which was spaced over both the German as well as the Swiss side of Laufenburg. I even found some useful things for my next LARP such as a wooden basket and a traditional belt. A couple of pictures can be found in my gallery as well.

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page