The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Full Time Joker - Fill the Void by Tempesta
Music Promotion
Stardust
1408
USA - the pictures!
New York Curtains
Oreo Ice Cream in Central Park & Resident Evil: Ex...
Fried Oreos and the day I missed "Weird Al"
Rocky Mountain National Park
D-War Shoot em' up
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Not even close by Fair Haven

I've waited a bit with this review for two reasons, first I was busy ;) and second I wanted to give them a second chance because right after listening to Full Time Joker I was still in a different sphere ;)
Fair Haven play more Modern sometimes even Alternative Rock, which I normally like a lot, but even though the album is solidly produced I couldn't connect and no song took me in completely. However, there are two songs which do stand out and which received 5 stars. 'Anything' the last track on the album, a ballad with a subtle but carrying tune and 'Kings of Empty Castles' which also opens quietly and melodious but then slowly intensifies to a powerful finale.
All in all I could glimpse potential within Fair Haven, so it would be worth checking and seeing what they are up to.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page