The Ankh-Morpork Times
 
David Eggerschwiler
 
Blogs
Ankh-Morpork Times
Lists
 
Previous
Made it to Singapore!
Theoretically I should be close to Singapore by no...
Off to Indonesia
A Mostly Harmless Evening
Dipl. Ing. FH
Frackwoche
Frackumzug (Procession of Graduate Students)
New Features
Lisey's Story by Stephen King
KAWUM
 
Atom Feed
 
Powered by Blogger
 

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stopover in Bali

The plane to Bali had the same entertainment system, so I could watch the end of Miami Vice, followed by Night Listener.
I was surprised how, effortlessly we got out of Bali airport. I received a visa and passed passport control within 5 minutes. And my bag was already waiting for me by the time I arrived at baggage retrieval. The customs officer wasn't interested in the contents of my big bag (which was locked by a security mesh) and just glanced at my hand luggage.
A taxi and a Bemo (minibus) took me to Padangbai. The first place I walked into there was a dive-shop :).
And so I went for two dives yesterday. They were fantastic! I spotted some new fishes and even saw a white-tipped reef-shark! The water temperature varied between 22 and 28 Celsius and it got pretty cold down there.
Bali, however, was not yet my final destination and a ferry took me today to Lombok. Where we encountered heavy rainstorms. Fortunately they didn't last for long.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
 
Last Played
 
 
Library Thing delicious Youtube
Xing / OpenBC LinkedIn
 
Visitors
Locations of visitors to this page